Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Our Wedding: The Planned and the Not- So – Planned

The Date: October 23rd 2010

The Ceremony Location: First Congregational Church – Geneva, IL
(I’m catholic; He’s Lutheran, along with his family. My mom’s Jewish, my dad catholic. This is going to be one hell of a ceremony)

The Reception Location: Dunham Woods Riding Club – Wayne, IL

(Just Perfect for our fall wedding! May not look chic, but just wait till I have pictures of the inside, it falls right into our vintage theme.)

The Colors:Eggplant, Marigold, Pewter + Pearls & Metallic’s, soft pinks, yellows, greens in florals

    (the yellow is much brighter than what is in the picture)

The Theme: Vintage Chic


The Bridal Party: 14 Amazing People – A mix of our best friends and family.

Our Photographer: Erica Rose – Chicago, IL (Amazing, Amazing, Amazing)
Click here to check out her blog & website


Others things I have: My dress (worthy of her own post), the bridesmaid dresses, Registry semi-done. Save the Dates – Sent, Engagement party – celebrated.

List of To-Do’s: in no particular order…
- find and book a DJ
- find and book a cake/desert vendor
- purchase table linens & chair sashes
- find and book florist (had one, not happy, now I may book a new one today – which I love)
- make a beauty plan
- choose accessories, shoes, etc
- choose accessories, shoes, etc for bridesmaids
- boys attire
- confirm menu choices
- invitations & stationary
- ceremony plan
- wedding night accommodations
- accommodations for guests
- wedding transportation
- favors
- decorations for reception
- vases for florist ( I am choosing to buy these, due to my own inspirations)
- complete registries
- find ceremony readers and ushers
- find hair and makeup vendors
- parent and attendant gifts
- rehearsal dinner venue
- plan a honeymoon
- plus many more small details and the five thousand things I probably forgot!


Send your suggestions my way…


-Yellow Peonies & A Wild Poppy-



No comments:

Post a Comment